Sunday, October 25, 2020



We have been reading through the Psalms for our devotion time.  I love this arrangement of Psalm 138. Here is a link to Charles Spurgeon's commentary on this particular Psalm.  I shared this with my Classical Conversations students as well.  In light of the many challenges of 2020, we discussed the many difficult years that humanity has survived this world.  We talked about times of war such as World War I, World War II, times of hunger such as the Great Depression and times of sorrow and loss such as the many children who were moved to the country during The Blitz, but never were returned home to their families in England.  We also talked about all of the difficult times that had occurred before David wrote this Psalm and how we can trust the Lord and Praise HIM even during difficult times.  We can even thank HIM during difficult times as He will use them for a greater good even though it may not seem possible during the challenging times or times of sorrow.  So today, I challenge myself to life the Lord above every thing and trust HIM to increase my strength of soul rather then relying on my own abilities, which are always lacking.   

No comments:

Post a Comment