Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chewy Granola Bars (gluten free)

We have been enjoying this granola bar for many years.  I make huge amounts of it up and freeze the bars for snacks throughout the month.  I found the recipe on the www.30daygourmet.com website.  I have found many, many, many tried and true delicious recipes that are freezer friendly there.  I'll list them below.  But first the link to the granola bars.




image from 30daygourmet.com

The ingredients are: rolled oats, crushed corn flakes, rice krispies, etc.  Now that you can find gluten free oats and rice krispies, this is a very good recipe that can be gluten free as well.  I can't remember if regular corn flakes are gluten free, but I have purchased corn flake type cereals that ARE gluten free and they would be a good substitute in this recipe.  I found this recipe is very, very similar to the Quaker chewy granola bars we were buying.  I have made the recipe as it is stated and also with sucanat instead of brown sugar.  Both ways are nice, with the brown sugar version being a little more like the store bought bars.  I know they freeze well, because I usually make the largest batch for 180 bars.  

Here are other recipes that I love to have on hand from 30 Day Gourmet.

  1. Loaded Baked Potato Soup
  2. "Soup"erior Meatloaf
  3. Twice Baked Potatoes
  4. Pretty as Pink Frozen Salad
  5. Salisbury Patties
  6. Time to Spare Spuds

No comments:

Post a Comment