Monday, June 26, 2017

Stocking the Pantry: Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

Image from MyRecipes.com

When I had my first child, we were given this delicious casserole and I searched until I found the recipe on Southern Living.  It is super easy to keep the things on hand in your pantry so that you can quickly have a hearty meal on the table in no time by using a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.  I do a lot of my shopping at Aldi's and it seems that the ingredients for this recipe are somewhat seasonal.  So when I see them, I stock up as you can't beat their prices.  Here is a shopping list for 12 recipes of the Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole.

24 boxes of Long Grain and Wild Rice (fast cooking or regular both work)
12 small packages of sliced almonds (I omit the almonds)
1.5 pounds of butter (store in the freezer)
24 celery ribs, sliced and dehydrated (or use fresh that you have on hand)
24 medium onions, diced and dehydrated (or use fresh that you have on hand)
24 cans of cream of mushroom soup or 12 of the large family size cans
12 cans of water chestnuts

To Have on Hand:
sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
soft breadcrumbs
salt & pepper
milk
rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or whole roasted chicken



No comments:

Post a Comment